THE IMPORTANCE OF SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY
SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY
Small Business Saturday was created to encourage holiday shoppers to patronize small, local businesses. It occurs on the Saturday between Black Friday and Cyber Monday which usually feature discounts offered by big box and e-commerce retailers.
WHY SHOP LOCAL?
There are plenty of reasons to shop local!
1. It’s nice to support local, small businesses that give our towns and cities character. What fun is it to travel to different areas only to see the same stores and businesses on every street corner?
2. You can find beautiful, unique items that you won’t be able to get anywhere else.
3. Local businesses can help the economy. When you shop small, you know where and who the money you are spending is going to. And supporting local business will enable those companies to create jobs and boost local economy.
4. Small business owners TRULY appreciate your business and want everyone who steps foot into their establishment to have a wonderful experience. If any problems arise, you can be assured that they will want to resolve them.
5. Quality. Small businesses will put a ton of time and effort to make sure the quality of work is the best possible, so expectations are not just met but exceeded. So you can be assured you will be receiving the highest quality work, service, etc. anytime you shop with them.
Most small businesses these days will advertise their services for Small Business Saturday, so keep an eye out for some new local shops to patronize this week. You never know what you might find!